Take the following measures following laser eye surgery to avoid injury or infection:
- Don’t shower and wash your hair till the next day.
- During the first several days after surgery, prevent having non-sterile water into your eyes from showers, hair washing, and so on.
- Be cautious when taking a shower or bath. When washing your hair, keep soap from your eyes and be cautious of hair spray & shaving lotion.
- With at least a month, refrain from rubbing your eyes.
- Use all eye solutions, particularly artificial tears, that your doctor has prescribed.
- Don’t drive until you’re at ease. First, get your doctor’s approval.
- Wear the eyes shield/goggles prescribed by your doctor when sleeping the first week.
- Continue to tap for the at least a week, keep water from your eyes.
- For at least three weeks, avoid swimming pools, whirlpools, saunas, & lakes.
- For at least a week, no eye makeup. To avoid infection, discard partially used products.
- Do not colour or perm your hair for at least seven min.
- No exercise for the next two days.
- When you resume exercise and sporting activities, eye protection with at least a month.
- For a period, your eyes will most likely remain sensitive to light. Dark sunglasses are beneficial.
- For 7 days, avoid unclean and dusty places.
- Sunlight can leave a scar, so wear glasses on sunny days for the at least an hour.
When Should I Consult a Physician?
Contact your doctor straight away if you do have any questions or if you experience pain, a sudden reduction in vision, redness, and discharge from your eye.